Your location will be displayed on the map with the position marker:
If you stand still, the position marker points in the direction in which you point your device. If you are moving, the position marker points in the direction in which you are moving.
The arrow in the status bar next to the battery icon, indicates that the location services are currently in use. This can cause faster battery consumption than usual. Therefore pay attention to the battery level when using Topo GPS.
Location information screen¶
If you tap the position marker, the location information screen will appear. You can also open this screen by pressing long on the position marker icon on the dashboard.
An example of the location information screen is displayed below:
Elements location information screen¶
In the location information screen you find subsequently:
- A map of the surroundings of your current location. You can also zoom and move this map.
- Your location in the following globale coordinate systems:
- Depending on your location, your location could be displayed in other country-specific coordinate systems. For example if your are located in Great Britain, Ordnance Survey National Grid coordinates are shown. And if you are in New Zealand, NZTM2000 coordinates are added.
- Your location translated to an address. This only functions if you are connected to the internet. Furthermore you should have enabled the option ‘Addresses - Find automatically’ in the settings.
- The compass direction in which you point your device in degrees. This direction is relative to the true (geographic) north.
- Your altitude in meters including the accuracy.
- The accuracy of the location in meter. This accuracy means that your true location has a high probability of being inside a circle with a radius equal to the accuracy around the given location. If the GPS signal is good the location accuracy is 5 m or less.